A University required a small footprint and flexible probing solution that would allow them to test 100 mm wafers, chips, and packaged parts up to 3 KV. Volume was low so a manual probe system with manual manipulators and a variety of high voltage (HV) and low voltage DC probe arms were desired. The probe system would interface to a Keysight B1506. Due to the lethal voltage levels required to test the devices, a safety enclosure would be required.
- PS4L M-4 (100 mm) manual probe system
- 100 mm thermal chuck (ambient to 200 C) with controller and High Voltage (HV) kelvin cables - 3 KV triaxial force and sense connections
- Vibration isolation table (VIT) with shelves for instruments
- Microscope Post with Coaxial X and Y Microscope Movement of 100 mm x 100 mm with locking knobs
- Compound Optics with CCTV System
- Four (4) MA-9000 manual manipulators with two (2) 3KV triaxial probe arms and two low voltage coaxial probe arms.
- Laser Light Curtain (LLC) as a safety enclosure
- Interconnect Panel – mounted to one side of the LLC, contains standard coaxial, triaxial, and 3 KV HV (force and sense) triaxial
A SemiProbe PS4L M-4 manual probe system configured with a thermal chuck and manual manipulators to perform device characterization at high voltages up to 3 KV
Closeup view of a 3 (75 mm) power transistor wafer affixed via vacuum to a thermal chuck and being probed with manual manipulators up to 3 KV
Typical feedthrough interconnect panel that contains low voltage coaxial and triaxial connectors, 3 KV triaxial connectors, a safety interlock and a rubberized boot for direct cable feedthrough